Fisher's 475

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

This is For Fighting, This Is For Fun - Fred Turner, pg 642-650

Recap: Reality based crime show dramas have become very popular and take a very masculine approach, similar to what the Vietnam veteran, Brian Winhover, went through as training to become a perfect soldier. The gun and penis connection is interesting how when watching one of the shows you can really get the feeling of it. The shows focused on here are Cops, Bounty Hunter, America’s Most Wanted, and LAPD: Life on the Beat.

Comment: I have never really had much interest in watching these types of shows. I have several friends who quite enjoy them and get quite a kick out of them. These friends also have a strong interest in guns. I don’t know if there is a direct correlation to this or not but it seems to be a similarity that I can’t pass on asking about. I grew up with guns and we actually hunted but I believe that my friends never really used the guns growing up and it is more of a power thing I think.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home